Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, January 1, 2010

This is what I call a New Year's Eve party!

New Year's Eve challenges on SCS were planned in just one day by Faith, Lois, and Nancy. I discovered it while cruising the gallery. I hope to have time to make cards for the other 4 challenges. This card was made for the first challenge hostessed by Lois.

Challenge - Count Down to the New Year
Hostess - Lois Bak
Keyword - NYE09A

This is a "follow the list" challenge. Your card must contain:

5 layers (card base counts as a layer)
4 embellishments (each brad or eyelet or whatever counts as 1)
3 colors (plus one neutral if you want)
2 stamps
1 punch

No limitations on tools (Cuttlebug, Nesties, Markers, Gel pens)


I remember the first time we did this. (New Year's Eve challenges) What memories! Back then, using 2 background stamps was the thing to do. LOL! I was the coordinator because it was an off-shoot of the Limited Supplies challenge. It was either heading into 2006 or 2007. Time keeps zipping along! After that came other holiday weekend challenges. This site sure has history for me!


This card took me awhile. I kept second guessing myself. I finally had to call it quits before I messed it up. LOL!

Stamps: Valentine Flower & grass (DRS Designs)
Colors: red, green & black + white as my additional neutral
Accessories: satin ribbon, rhinestone stickers, white gel pen, dimensionals, SU scallop edge punch, SU Top Note die cut (Wish RAK), Copic markers, SU black marker for the dots on the scallops

No comments: