Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birds of A Feather Flock Together

There is a short easy tutorial with card #3!

This first card is another card I made using yesterday's sketch challenge on SCS. The sentiment is handwritten. I wrote it before stamping the birds so that I could cut the paper afterward... therefore no slanted writing. (wink) But now that it's done, I think the writing may be too big for the birds. That's why I added the ribbon.

Stamps: Zoofari
Paper: white, basic black, certainly celery DSP, Petals & Paisleys DP
Ink: black stazon
Accessories: gingham ribbon, apricot & pumpkin SU markers, Copic gray markers for the grounding



The next 2 cards I made some time ago; therefore the use of WWC. But I still like the uniqueness of them. The sentiment on the Treasure card is handwritten.

Stamps: Ahoy, Matey, Matey's Map jumbo wheel. Cheesecloth
Paper: more mustard, buckaroo blue, white
Ink: brown stazon, buckaroo blue
Accessories: WWC, brads, marker, Cutter Kit
Techniques: distressing









This last card uses a technique I call faux layering. You simply mask around the area you want "layered" with sticky notes. Then stamp your images. I chose to use ink that was a shade darker than the cardstock. Next, sponge the area taking care to sponge the edges. I chose to use ink that was the same color as the cardstock. Lastly, remove the sticky notes. Paper piercing the edges will help emphasize the faux layer.

Stamps: Natural Beauty, Best Blossoms, sentiment from A Muse
Paper: chocolate chip, mellow moss, always artichoke, very vanilla
Ink: brown stazon, mellow moss (for sponging), always artichoke (for the leaves)
Accessories: WWC, Offray ribbon, paper piercer & mat stack
Techniques: faux layering

All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless noted differently.

No comments: