Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Sunday, July 20, 2008

MAKE A WISH

SHOOTING STARS

Featured Stamper: Susiestampalot

I used basically the same layout but changed it to a square card. I almost changed the colors because I never use pixie pink, but I decided to go out of my comfort zone! I used similar star stamps and DP. I didn't have ric rac, so I used scallop scissors. And I changed up the sentiment to make it look like a shooting star. The trail is from Stitched Exotics. The sentiment is handwritten. This card measures 4.25 square. I use A Muse 4.5 square envelopes.

Here's Susie's adorable card.

Stamps: In the Stars, Stitched Exotics
Paper: pixie pink, certainly celery & DSP, white
Ink: same
Accessories: scallop, small star, & circle punches, markers, taffeta ribbon, rhinestone brad, scallop scissors, dimensionals


BELLA BIRTHDAY WISHES

When I make a tent topper card, I start with a 4.25 square card. When it's time to add the topper, I set it next to an A2 card to line up the right height. Voila... A nice fit into a standard envelope!

Stamps: Priceless, Sincere Salutations, Stamping Bella
Paper: chocolate chip, bashful blue, so saffron, white
Ink: black, chocolate chip
Accessories: CM custom cutting system, markers, paper piercer & mat stack
Techniques: faux stitching



Vintage Wishes

I used my SU cutter kit distressing tool on this card. I love the effect it gives on shades of brown with sponging.

Stamps: Flowers- Stampendous, background - Baroque Motifs, sentiment - Small script
Paper: kraft, chocolate chip, white
Ink: chocolate chip
Accessories: hodgepodge hardware, ribbons, cutter kit, ticket corner punch
Techniques: distressing

1 comment:

Krista said...

Love the new star card! I'm so glad you listed your blog on your recent posts! I wasn't able to find the ribbon you used on the first Sparkling Summer card that was Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore. I loved it so much, I'm determined to find something close to it though. Thanks for sharing your creativity.