Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, January 30, 2009

CAS - Clean & Simple


I was really excited to be asked to hostess the SCS Limited Supply challenge today! I was racking my brain all week when it hit me this afternoon. This week I discovered a member's gallery that is just amazing. I found her on a thread she started in General Stamping. You can see it here. In Susan's 1st post she says:

"for those of us who don't do techniques that require anything like "talent" or "skill," who don't layer our cards into inch-thick confections of pure gorgeousness, who don't have all the latest nesties or copics, who don't have coloring skills above kindergarten level, and who do love to make clean and simple and, most of all, EASY cards...please post your favorites from your own gallery, the ones that make you happy"


Susan is talking about Clean An Simple cards, otherwise known as CAS.

Today, we are filling the SCS gallery with CAS cards! Need a little inspiration? Here's Susan's beautiful gallery.

Here are the deets on the card I made for the challenge.

Stamps: DRS Designs
Paper: white, black, riding hood red, ruby red
Ink: black
Accessories: riding hood red taffeta ribbon, Copic markers, Heart to Heart punch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab challenge today!! Love your creation!! So pretty!! :)

Connie M. said...

This is such an adorable card!! LOVED the challenge yesterday too!

Kim said...

Beautiful card!!

Now this is one challenge I could get into.

Linda Anderson said...

What a gorgeous card Jen!!! Thanks for the link to Susan's gallery, it's lovely. You've inspired me (or maybe I should say challenged me) to try a CAS card!!!

Linda

Starla said...

I still need to try and do this challenge, but I LOVE your take on it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is super cute!! CAS really worked for this card!

Kristin said...

I love your style, Boo. Thanks for posting and for hosting the LSC challenge on SCS. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I love this design, very well done. I love the simplicity of CAS. The little hearts in the corner are my favorite.