Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SU's New Catalog Review & Should I Continue On? & Other Stuff!

My new Stampin' Up catalogs are here finally! I have no idea when SU finally got it up online. All I know is it was late. I took a nap because I was exhausted from not sleeping well. I was bummed about that because I had been doing so well with getting enough rest lately. But I'm off-topic. When I woke up.... my box of 8 catalogs were here! LOL!

I found out that I'm not in pending after all. Because of economic times and SAB being in February, we were given an unexpected, never before done, waiver for another quarter. I'm finally starting to feel better after my last meds adjustment and I'm excited about the news. This catalog is fab and it almost makes me want to try to make it a business. But I'm worried. I've always felt uncomfortable about asking people to come spend money... especially now. I love having workshops though. Teaching is what I love to do. But then there's the fact that other companies line of unmounted stamps are so apppealing. So..... now I'm not sure what to do with all these extra catalogs. LOL!

OK... Here's my review from my own personal style.

I must have and they will be on my 1st order:
  • Font of You
  • Totally Tool
  • Thoughts & Prayers
  • Cheep Talk
  • Curly Label Bundle (It finally sucked me in!)
  • Jumbo Brads
  • Refill cardstock supplies

These are on my Wish List:
  • Animal Crackers
  • A Kind Word
  • Special Blessings
  • Once Upon A time
  • Wonderful Favorites (It's always been on my wish list!)
  • Varsity Alphabet & Numbers
  • Starring You (Don't Know why I don't have it yet.)
  • Fleurettes
  • Button Latte
  • Bella Blossom (I was shocked to find this on the dormant list.)

I like these but probably wouldn't use them:
  • That's Funny (It's hilarious, but I probably would only use the cake on a card.)
  • Sweet Stems (I have sooo many flowers and my new hostess set, Itty Bitty Buds, will do.)
  • On Your Birthday (I have a lot of sentiments already.)
  • Corduroy Buttons (but they are cute!)
  • New striped ribbon - so saffron, pretty ink & old olive (I've discovered that I don't use the striped ribbon I already have.)

These products are just not for me:
  • Big Shot & accessories (only because of the price)
  • Rub-ons
  • chipboard
  • decor elements
I look forward to blog hopping to see if anyone else has their ideas of the new catty.

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

What a great gift from SU to offer those in pending an additional grace period.

Well...my vote would be go for the business! As we experience economic woes, all the more reason to send someone an encouraging note. And you're right, being a teacher makes it easy to demo. Will be eager to see what you decide.

One additional thought...even though you wouldn't personally use the Big Shot, Decor Elements, etc, it does create an expanded customer base. And did you know they will be doing digital scrapbooking. Another avenue.

I'll check back in to see what you decide.

I've already placed an order. Focused on papers and accessories my first order. Stamps will be next.