Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Doing the happy dance!


This is another card that I made for Monday's CAS challenge: use dimensionals / pop-up dots on your clean & simple cards. (Although it's one layer without the popped up parts, it's not as open as I wanted it.

Has this ever happened to you? My card was done. I liked it. And then I smudged it with ink. Ugh! So now you see 2 spiders hanging from ribbon! Why not make them any color I want? LOL! I think they match my snail rather well!

I used the paper tole technique by using dimensionals to pop up portions of the flower images more than once.

Gina K. Designs’ Stamps: Bug Me Anytime (Nina Brackett), Warm & Fuzzy (Asela Hopkins), Tag Lines (Gina K.)
DRS Designs’ Stamps: grass
Paper: white
Ink: black, wild wasabi, Copic markers (R85 rose red, R83 rose mist, RV34 dark pink, YR23 yellow ochre, YR20 Yellowish Shade, G24 Willow, G21 Lime Green, C-1 cool gray)
Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals
Technique: paper tole

Here's a fun comment I received on StampTV hat summed up my idea when making this card:

"This is so stinkin' cute! I love the scene you created. And that sentiment is just perfect for all the fun things in there. I'm imagining the spiders swinging and the layered flowers look like they're doing the shimmy. :-) Great job!" - Nina

*

4 comments:

Starla said...

HAHAA!! We use that saying to describe the ants in the pants when the boys get excited!!

Love your paper tole...and cute way to cover a smudge!

Selma said...

This is such an adorable card.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very Cute!!!

Jen said...

Love the card.