Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Have A Jolly Holiday!

Lady Santa Buggy

SCS Inspiration Challenge: The Pajama Squid
I chose this lunchbox with the ladybug on the leaf as my inspiration.

DRS Designs Stamps: Santa Buggy (F1027), Santa Hat (B022), Silhouette Holly (F002), Easy Dot BG (H628), sentiment (B364)
Paper: real red, white, black
Ink: black, real red, garden green
Accessories: red paper clip, ribbons, dimensionals, SU word window punch, jumbo brad


The Best Time of the Year

This is a card that I uploaded on the DRS Designs blog last week and forgot to upload it here. I just love the Cutie Pie kids! They're adorable! I think Cutie Pie Christmas Helpers image is my favorite of the newly released images because my favorite Christmas memories as a child are of decorating the Christmas tree.

The Simple Joys of Christmas greeting is the first part of a larger greeting. The remainder of the greeting is stamped inside the card and reads, "warm your heart, fill your home, and last a lifetime."

I used Copic markers to color the image. The faux stitching was made using a paper piercer, template, and a ballet blue marker. The edge punch is actually a corner punch. It's actually very easy to line up! Then to finish it off, I added some red gingham ribbon.

DRS Stamps: Cutie Pie Christmas Helpers (M1141), Simple Joys of Christmas greeting (F957)
Paper: ballet blue, white
Ink: black, ballet blue, Copic markers
Accessoires: ribbon, paper piercer, piercing template (SU mat stack), Martha Stewart corber punch (used as a border punch)
Techniques: faux stitching


Have A Holly Jolly Holiday

SCS Inspiration Challenge: The Pajama Squid
I haven't had the chance to use my new gingerbread stamp yet, so I chose this gingerbread hair clip as my inspiration.

DRS Stamps: Gingerbread Man (E040), Lots of Lines (H366), Have A Holly Jolly Holiday sentiment (D480)
Paper: white, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, real red
Ink: Palette burnt umber, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, brads, dimensionals, Marvy scallop oval punch, CM custom cutting system, SU wide oval punch

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Great Christmas cards, Jen! My favorite kept changing as I saw more! They are all wonderful.