Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Sunday, December 6, 2009

My First Christmas Ornament

I've been wanting to make a Christmas ornament for awhile and just haven't made time. And this morning I opened up mitchygitchygoomy's gallery for the SCS featured stamper challenge and found this wonderful scallop card with gingerbread men. It instantly made me think of my round coasters! In the picture above, it shows the tools I used to make my peppermint candy. I used a "swirl" punch from EK Success and a 3/4 inch circle punch. I save a lot of small scrap paper for things like this! Waste not, want not!!!



Here is a close-up view of my ornament. This took a long time, but it was well worth it. Recipe:

Stamps: gingerbread man, candy cane Christmas critter, Santa hat, Vicki's versatile background, and the sentiment pictured above (all DRS Designs)
Paper: real red, certainly celery, creamy caramel, white
Ink: black, creamy caramel, Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, eyelet, SU designer label punch, CM circle punch & custom cutting system, Marvy scallop circle punch, Nestie scallop circle (received from Wish RAK), black coaster (TAC), white gel pen, EK Success "swirl" punch, red sticky tape





And here is the ornament hanging on my Charlie Brown Christmas tree! Isn't this tree the cutest?!? It came with Charlie Brown's blanket and one red ornament. A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite childrens' Christmas movie. (It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite "adult" movie!!!) My DH purchased this tree and the stuffed frog with snowman at Meijer.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: