Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Monday, October 4, 2010

At the Apple Orchard

Here's a card that I made for my mom
who visited with homemade applesauce, yesterday!


Splitcoast CAS Technique Challenge 87
Faux Letterpress

Christian Paper Crafts Color Challenge
At the Apple Orchard: red, brown, white or cream
(optional orange or green)

Making this card turned out to be an adventure. Ugh! I found out that using brown ink on white cardstock for the faux letterpress technique was pretty tricky and finally gave up on it being perfect. (You can see stray ink marks.) Next, I had my image all colored and then when I was cutting it out with the cutting system, the blade slipped. I wanted to cry because I was in no mood to color it again after all of my time being used with the embossing folder. It really is a cool and easy technique. I just won't be using brown on white again. *_^ So, in order not to waste my great image, I decided to cut it out and pop it up on dimensionals. And then... yep, I encountered another challenge. After I cut out another circle with my new image, it took me over 5 minutes to figure out where I set down my original image. I guess I wasn't having a very productive night. LOL! In the end, I'm not sure this turned out to be as CAS as I was hoping for although it isn't overly busy and embellished either. Here's the link I found for a great tutorial on StampTV. It's titled Inking a Cuttlebug Folder.

Recipe

Stamps: apples (Gina K Designs), grass (DRS Designs)
Paper: chocolate chip, real red
Ink: chocolate chip, wils wasabi, Adirondack black, Copic markers
(E74 cocoa brown, E71 champagne, R29 lipstick red, Y08 acid yellow, YG67 moss)
Tools & Accessories: gingham ribbon, pop-up dots, CM custom cutting system, Spellbinders Nestabilities scallop circles, Cuttlebug perfectly paisley EF
Techniques: Clean & Simple, Faux Letterpress

1 comment:

Shirley-Anne said...

I am sure that we have all had these times . Still worth sharing I assure you . Its lovely.