Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happiness is...

Happiness is Pacific Blue!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new in-color. I have secretly been missing this color since switching from Creative memories to Stampin' Up! I already know that I will be stocking up on this color come next summer.

Like all the cards in this post, this card uses the new level 3 hostess set, Happiness Always. I used craft white on the edges to soften the celery. I don't know where I got the brads, but they match this marvelous blue! :)

Stamps: Happiness Always, Stitched BG
Paper: pacific blue, certainly celery, white
Ink: same
Accessories: taffeta ribbon, brads, paper piercer & mat stack, diemsnionals
Techniques: sponging, 2-step stamping


Happiness is a fabulous color challenge!

I had seen Dawn's card in the gallery and was so excited to see it as the sample for tonight's color challenge posted by Emily. (Congrats Dawn and Emily on being the newest Dirty Dozen girls!)

On this card, I also used craft white to soften the bottom mat (almost amethyst). I also sponged so saffron for some sunshine. I'm not sure I like the double ribbon. Curvy Verses get well sentiment is stamped on the bottom right. This layout is from Taylored Expressions cupcake challenge #23 from a couple of weeks ago.

Stamps: Happiness Always, Curvy Verses, One of a Kind
Paper: almost amethyst, wild wasabi DSP, white
Ink: almost amethyst, wid wasabi, so saffron, craft white
Accessories: circle punch, ribbon, dimensionals
Techniques: sponging, 2-step stamping



Happiness is Butterfly Dreams!

When I first saw the leaves in this set, I wasn't sure what I would do with them.... They are so big compared to the flowers. LOL! But some gallery viewing showed me that I didn't have to use them with the flowers. Boy am I thankful for SCS! :)

Stamps: Happiness Always, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: wild wasabi, basic balck, very vanilla
Ink: wild wasabi, black, groovy guava
Accessories: ribbon, brads, paper piercer & mat stack
Techniques: sponging, 2-step stamping

1 comment:

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi Boo! What great cards. You are doing super cute things with the new blue. I think I am sold! Also, I tagged you. No pressure to play along, I took a month to do mine -lol! You can check it out here:

http://stopandstamptheroses.blogspot.com/