Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, February 13, 2009

SCS has a new weekly challenge... CAS!

The idea of CAS is to keep it Clean and Simple.

Definition: A clean and simple card has limited layers and sometimes just a card base. It leaves a lot of "open space". It uses little or no embellishments. Any techniques should be the old standard everyday kind like sponging, distressing and piercing. Limit the number of tools you use. Any colored images should be small and quick. Don't go overboard on tons of punches and embossing. CAS cards should be easy and quick.

The CAS challenges will be on Mondays. This 1st week's challenge was an inspiration challenge. When I go to Joann's for card making supplies, I always have to visit the fabrics. I cannot sew..... at all. (That's why I like faux stitching ) But I love the patterns and often get inspiration from them.

I had linked 2 patterns from Joann's Snuggle Fabric line. But you can choose any of the Snuggle fabrics for your inspiration. Just put a link to the pattern in your comments when uploading.

This is one of the 2 cards I made as samples.

Stamps: butterflies - Verve, Curvy Verses - SU
Colors: regal rose, white
Accessories: ticket corner punch, organdy ribbon, marker, dimensionals

And there is more!

I am looking for a Design Team to help me make samples for the challenges, help come up with new and creative ideas and step in and post the challenge if I'm out of town or sick... or something like that.

I'm looking for 3 people for a 3 month term. The first term will actually be a 3.5 month term because we're already well into February. So, the first 3 people will be on the team for the rest of February, March, April, and May.

Sometime in May, I will be looking for people for the next 3 month term.

Sound like fun? Then send me 3 of your best CAS cards to my email address by Friday, February 13 at midnight EST. I will let you know who the 1st 3 people are on Saturday. If you don't get chosen this time, don't worry... your turn will come.

My email address is
designsbyboo at hotmail dot com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your latest creations are so fun!! :) Love the soft colors!! SO FAB! TFS!