Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Makeover: Before & After


Yesterday's SCS Sketch Challenge: 1st Version

This poor, poor card! I just wasn't happy with it. I posted it anyway saying that I was doing it over. I'm honored that so many people liked it... so much so that they wanted me to leave it alone! Here are some of the comments it received on SCS:

WHAT???? Do NOT tear this apart!!!! I LOVE it! GREAT coloring, use of colors and papers!
Oh my goodness, I would not tear this card apart. It is awesome.. Your watercolouring of that cute image is wonderful and all your embellishments just add to the beauty of the card.

Step back...leave it alone. It looks great!

Don't touch that! Step away from the table... everything will be ok. It's lovely as it is. TFS
Don't throw it away! Send it to me instead! I love it! So cute..... great coloring and choice of colors as well as embellishments and papers!
ACKKKK! Please do not discard! Put it away and come back to it. You will be sure to like then. It truly is fabulous!

You don't have to like it. We do. I think it's wonderful. But I sure do know the feeling.
You are so funny - I think you are WAY too hard on yourself. I think this card looks great! I like the sparkliness you added and the central image is perfect.



Sketch Challenge #242 - The New Card

This is my make-over card. What I really didn't like about the first card:

* too much apricot & not enough green to bring the eye to the main image.
* too much glitter detracting the eye from the main image.
* the choice of punches over-whelmed the image.

I think there was a pattern! I love this new image from TAC. Actually, it's not new. It was a special blast from the past promotion. And since I really wanted this small adorable image to be the center of attention, I needed to make some changes. Here are some of the comments this one received on SCS:

There you go! Very nice. Your changes really do bring your eye to that main image of the boot.

Love this card, both were great but I think I like this one better!

Yes your made over card is better. I love those little hidden flowers! Thanks for sharing... good to know that others pull apart their cards too!

Very pretty. The first one was nice but I like this makeover much better.

I liked the first one too, but this is "better". Great job! I too love the hidden flowers.

I liked them both, but the after is superb!

CUTE BOOT!! Just came to mind and it rhymes too!! The paper and colors are sweet and you've achieved a wonderful balance which is what it seems like you felt was missing with the first, tho I think you've created two cute boots!!

I like both!!! I think both are great and unique in each way. Love this one, too!!! Great card, Jen!!!

Jen, this is SOOOO beautiful!! I agree with you, the adorable image is the main focus on this redone version!! How great that you to posted both versions, and took the time to "fix" what you didn't like. It's hard work pickin' out the right stuff!! I just love your style... always such bright fun cheerful cards!! LOVE this one!

I like this one much better! TFS!

Okay, I love this re-do, too!

Well, this one is cute too. Good job. Whenever I do a card over, I usually end up making it worse!

Jen this is so cute, love the dp, image, colors and coloring. I liked the 1st take as well but glad you are now happy with what you made.


At the end of the day, I'm glad I decided to upload both versions.


Stamps: Something for You (The Angel Company)
Paper: white, certainly celery, wild wasabi, apricot appeal, unknown SU dp (photo corner punch/Wish RAK), DCWV dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, creamy caramel, Palette burnt umber, certainly celery, crushed curry (under the Stickles), Copic markers (E74 Cocoa brown, E71 Champagne, Y38 Honey, Y35 Maize, G24 Willow, C-1 cool gray)
Accessories: brads, SU photo corner, small oval & modern label punches, EK Succes small flower punch, Martha Stewart leaf punch, CB embossing folder (name?/Wish RAK), dimensionals, sponge, Diamond Stickles

4 comments:

Francie G. said...

Well, they are both great but I think I like the make-over best! Very pretty, Jen! Love the image and all you wonderful details!

Ann Kranitz said...

Very pretty Jen. I loved the first one that I saw on SCS but I do see how you wanted to make the little differences. A real beauty!!!!

Wendy Hawkinson said...

I love the madeover card. SO CUTE!I might even have to CASE it. LOL

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Wow Jen! Both cards are GREAT! Wonderful job!!