Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Personal Faves of 2009 - July & August


July & August: The Heart of the Summer


I'm continuing my walk down memory lane of 2009. Yesterday, I posted my faves from September through December.

July and August were the months for Gina K sets (Inspiration Mosaic & Bug Me Anytime), cutie pies, yummy treats, and for popping up cut out images. I tried to capture a little bit of each. As usual, I did a lot of stamping during the summer months. I think I made more cards in these 2 months than during the other months combined! If not, it had to be close. LOL! And it seems I had more time to comment and explain some of the cards, too. (I like to talk, too. LOL!)

August - Picnic of Daisies

Sketch Challenge #241
I love the blue ribbon. I wish I had more of it. I found it in a $1 spot. Michael's I think. It came with 5 other patterns... 12 inches each. The sky is lightly sponged with soft sky ink. The ground was made by sprinkling dots with a creamy caramel marker and then sponging it with the same color.

SHADOWS: For the shadow around everything, I used B60 (pale blue gray). You notice it if you're looking for it (in real life). It's subtle... like light make-up. I find it very effective. These are both new colors for me. It's possible I'll find different colors I like better as I grow my collection even more.

Stamps: Picnic of Daisies (Stampavie/Sarah Kay)
Paper: white, real red, creamy caramel
Ink: black, creamy caramel, soft sky, Copic markers (B24, B32, B60, E31, E33, E35, E51, G24, R27, Y35, Y38)
Accessories: eyelets, ribbon, CB Swiss Dots, white gel pen, dimensionals
Wish RAK: Picnic of Daisies from Stamp Muse, CB Swiss Dots from many Wish RAKers.


August - CAS Baby Congratulations

There are Stickles at the tips of each petal and 3 dots on the bottom right of the top panel.

Stamps: Baby Buttercup (Stamping Bella), sentiment (Gina K's Tag Lines)
Paper: white, so saffron
Ink: black, Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, Stickles


August - Inpsired Mosaic

Inspiration Challenge: Bellacor Vases
This photo that caught my attention right away was a blocked mirror shelf with vase... and orange flowers! It was just right for me! I love Melanie's new mosaic set and I LOVE orange! LOL!

Stamps: Inspiration Mosaic, Bug Me Anytime
Paper: white, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, creamy caramel
Ink: Palette burnt umber, SU chocolate chip marker, Copic marker E37
Accessories: whole punch, brads, ribbon, SU large oval, circle & designer label punches


July - A Stepped-up CAS Birthday Card

Here is the stepped up version of a CAS card using Melanie Muenchinger's new stamp set, Inspiration Mosaic The first one didn't have any brads or punched flowers. There were cinnamon stickles in the top right corner.

Stamps: Inspiration Mosaic (Gina K)
Paper: white, chocolate chip, dsp - chocolate chip, bashful blue
Ink: palette burnt umber, SU ballet blue marker, Copic B24
Accessories: Martha Stewart cupcake punch, SU scallop oval punch, EK Success flower punch, brads, American Crafts ribbon, dimensionals


July - Dare to Get Dirty paper tole

This set is perfect for paper tole! It certainly is not CAS. It took me forever! But it was well worth it when DH was amazed and gave it high praise. :) This Gina K set was designed by Nina Brackett.

For the Paper Tole Technique: The top flower is popped up as a whole. Then the center is popped up again. For the second flower on the right, The bottom half is popped up and then just the laft side is popped up again. The lady bug is popped up as a whole and then just the body is popped up. Two of the leaves are popped up on one side. The white layer of the sentiment is popped up on the razzleberry mat.The butterflies are bent and popped up on one side. I used the top flower to stamp with razzleberry on razzleberry for the DP by Me challenge. I wish I could see more of it because it shows up nicely for tone one tone. And finally, these colors coordinate so much better in real life. I took a ton of photos and did a lot of editing, but this is the best I could get.

This card qualifies for many Dare to Get Dirty challenges:

DTGD09blondie090277 - Paper Tole
DTGD09kittie747 - Scene Challenge
DTGD09eggette - Flap Your Wings!
DTGD09gbedwright- DP by ME
(Most of it got covered up, but you can still see a little. :)
DTGD09DeborahLynneS ~ Taken with Texture!
DTGD09Becca_Stamps - Cut it Out!!

Stamps: Bug Me Anytime (Gina K Designs)
Paper: white, black, rich razzleberry, DCWV spring mat stack
Ink: black, SU markers: rich razzleberry, garden green, rose red, Copic markers (RV17, RV10, RV29, G07, G17)
Accessories: brads, ribbon, CB Swiss Dots EF, various circle punches, MS butterfly punch, dimensionals
Techniques: Paper Tole, LOTS OF CUTTING! :)
Wish RAK Items: black brads, CB Swiss Dots


July - Sweet S'Mores

SCS Sketch 238 - This was the 5th and final card I made that day!

Stamps: Under the Stars & Sanded BG (Stampin' Up), Sweetest Blessing sentiment (Gina K Designs)
Paper: white, chocolate chip, creamy caramel
Ink: palette burnt umber, chocolate chip, creamy caramel
Accessories: CB Swiss Dots EF, ribbon, square, large oval, & modern label punches, brads, pop-up dots

*

No comments: