Have you ever made a card in the middle of the night because it was better than lying in bed not being able to sleep? This is what I did a couple of nights ago. And one mistake after another happened! This card was supposed to look like this: Bucky the Bunny (DRS Designs sneak peek) with one balloon (colored with Copic markers) and a stamped ground with Vicki's Versatile background, followed by sponging in the same color of caramel, a colored cotton tail colored with a white gel pen, a sponged sky with the scene mounted on pumpkin cs and mounted on white cs with bunny paw prints, and then finally mounted on a pumpkin card base. That's it. Maybe some ribbon.
So, this is how the story goes. LOL!
1. I was too lazy to mask Bucky and his balloon, so I sponged some sky on his perfectly colored, shaded balloon. I tried to cover it up with darkening the coloring. Bad mistake. It was too late to mask anything to stamp another balloon, so I stamped the back of dsp for the balloon.
2. Since I used the lighter shade of dsp, I had to make to blend in more so it wasn't obvious why I had used the dsp balloon. You guessed it. I added just a tad, not too much, of the same dsp on the base of the card.
3. I somehow ended up with a smudge on Buck, so I added a bow.
4. The bow was in an odd spot. I could have wrapped the ribbon all around, but I didn't want to cover more of Bucky up, especially with his cute cotton tail! So, I added some brads in hopes of making it look "more even".
5. At this point, I saw one more mistake that I did't think would ruin the card in my eyes. And I was finally too tired to come up with a reasonable cover-up. LOL!
So, has this ever happened to you.... daytime or nighttime? Do you try and fix it with cover-ups or start over?
Please tell me I'm not the only one making mistakes and covering them up :)
Bucky the Bunny will be released by DRS Designs on February 20th!