Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I need the beach!

On Sunday, I heard it was going to be unusually warm this week and I posted that funny ice cream truck picture I found on StampTV for the their inspiration challenge. Well........ the weather forecasters were right! It's sweltering, especially inside my home! Ugh! The air conditioner isn't working! I'm right now waiting for a friend of my brother to come over and take a look at it. He installed it 3 years ago, so we are still under warranty.

I would really love being at the beach right now with a breeze like on this card I made for yesterday's Splitcoast CAS challenge and CPC's color challenge. I'm settling for a fan blowing on me so I can bare the laptop keeping me warm. My kitty has finally gotten the hint that I don't want her on my lap. LOL! She's relaxing on the back of the recliner.

So, here's my beach beach CAS/color challenge card. Recipe is below :)


CAS Challenge: Summer Themed Cards
ALSO the 2nd CAS Summer DT search challenge

Christian Paper Crafts
Color Challenge: tan, white, red + 1 or 2 additional bold colors

Stamps: Lazy Days of Summer (GKD)
Paper: white, creamy caramel
Ink: Palette burnt umber, creamy caramel, real red, Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon
Techniques: sponging, tearing

Both challenges are linked under the Monday Challenges on the side bar.
_

1 comment:

Shirley-Anne said...

Very very clever . love the beach scene . And I felt that the bright red of the ribbon represented the heat of the day .