Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Before & After Challenge #4

Each week, I'll have you choose a card of your own to redo. Each week there will be a different element to change. The rest of the card should stay the same or close to it. For fun, tell us why you chose the card you did! Post it back to this thread for everyone to see. If you use SCS, please use the keyword: BAC04.


BEFORE

I like the basic idea of this card. The inside has a cute verse for a newborn baby. But there are 2 things that just had to be changed: It needed to be lightened up... more white space maybe & the background just seemed.... hmmm - wrong. LOL!






AFTER

Color: rose red and blush blossom was changed to this week's color challenge: chocolate chip, groovy guava, and barely banana. And I used a mostly white background to keep it "lighter".

Background: I used stars to match the image and verse inside the card. To get it to "blend" in better, I stamped of with groovy guava using Itty Bitty Backgrounds.

Other Minor Changes: I changed the embellishments a bit.

Stamps: Cute As A Bug, Classic & Itty Bitty BGs, sentiment border from Hero Arts
Accessories: CM custom cutting system, Marvy scallop punch, brads, ribbons, markers & guava reinker

These cards measure 4.25 square. I use A Muse 4.5 square envelopes.

No comments: