Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Saturday, May 16, 2009

VSN - Friday Night


Virtual Stamp Night - May 15
Challenge C

"When I first saw that the theme was going to be Vegas inspired it made me think of the tables. The card table, the roulette...well you get the idea. What do they all have in common the colors red and black baby!! The suits of the cards (red and black), the roulette wheel setup (red and black), are you starting to see a trend here?

Here is my challenge should you choose to accept:
Use red and black to make your project with the neutral being white. No other colors allowed...sorry them's the rules here in Vegas doll."

Stamps: Gina K - Langley Boy Designs - Gettin' Buggy with It
Colors: red, white, black
Accessories: circle punches, Martha Stewart ladybug punch, ribbon, black marker

I turned the Fall To Layout #41 found here.


Virtual Stamp Night - May 15
Challenge D

"When I hear “Viva Las VSN (Vegas)” … I think back to my childhood. ..… when my mother worked as a waitress there, she’d come home every once in a while and tell us how she saw Elvis eating with a whole bunch of his ‘buddies’ and occasionally even waited on his entourage.

So, thinking of Elvis … I tried to think slightly outside the box and kept coming back to his favorite snack:
Fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches” Yummo!

So … I wanted to go for a color challenge … Here’s the “rules” – use them loosely if you don’t have the specific supplies, but give it a whirl …

1. Colors:
a. Banana (or Saffron)
b. Creamy Caramel (peanut butter)
c. Close to Cocoa (for the ‘fried’ part)
2. You must use something MUSICAL:
a. Can be background paper
b. Can be musical instrument or note as the focal point
c. Can be an image of singing

Have FUN with it!"

Stamps: Mini Mates
Paper & Ink: close to cocoa, creamy caramel, so saffron, white
Accessories: ribbon, ticket corner punch, close to cocoa marker

The sentiment is hand written. This card measures 3x3.

1 comment:

Michelle Woerner said...

Happy Saturday Jen! I love that ladybug card!! So fun and cheery and I have that punch too! Wasn't it confusing at first? I actually thought it was defective and tried to return it! DUH! Anyway, hugs to you!