Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Handmade Rainbow Sherbert DP


This week's Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast:

Do you ever find yourself wanting to create a design along a certain theme but don’t have stamps or product that really captures it? The great way to get around that without running off the store is to create your own image.

Well, I discovered what to do for the Ways to Use It challenge a couple of days late.

I absolutely loved the card that Holly (TOY) made today for the Inspiration challenge. I loved the colors and layout! I had to go back and look at it again after I commented. That's when I noticed it.... The Rainbow Sherbert DP! I hadn't expected it retire. And I didn't act fast enough and missed out. So, I made my own... at least of this pattern. What do you think?

Here's Holly's adorable card.

*I used handmade paper instead of DP.
*I used a different sentiment, CD ef and ribbon.
*I used Stickles instead of pearls.
*I changed the orange candy dots to photo corner punches (to hide a boo-boo!)
*I used 2 butterflies.
Same colors and layout!!!!

Stamps: Best Wishes (Inkadinkdo), Little Pieces (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: white, gable green, tempting turquoise, only orange, Green galore
Ink: green galore, gable green, tempting turquoise, only orange
Accessories: ribbon, Stickles (diamond & orange peel), Martha Stewart butterfly punch, photo corner punches (Wish RAK), CB Swiss Dots (WishRAK)

No comments: