Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Tree of Elegance
This is a double challenge card.
Color Challenge #233: real red, chocolate chip & kraft
Featured Stamper #133: jojot
I spent so much time in Joanne's gallery, yesterday. The walk down memory lane was so much fun! I kept thinking to myself... "I remember that challenge!", "I remember that card!", "That card was sent to me!", "I remember when that was all the rage! LOL"
I hope I have more time throughout the week because I have a lot of cards I need to CASE! Some are new and some are old. Joanne has been an amazing person at SCS as long as I've been here. I feel like I'm visiting an old friend cruising through her gallery.
This is the card I CASEd.
* I used the same layout.
* I changed the colors and border punch.
* I used Unity trees instead of fern images.
* I used dsp instead of an embossed BG.
* I used a ribbon tie instead of a beautiful bow like Joanne used. I wish I was better at making bows.
* I moved the paper piercing and added some rhinestones.
Stamps: Tree of Elegance (Christmas Elegance - Unity)
Paper: kraft, kraft dsp, chocolate chip
Ink: Palette burnt umber, Copic marker E47 dark brown
Accessories: chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, paper piercer & template (SU mat stack), SU scallop edge punch, rhinestone stickers
Techniques: faux stitching