Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Monday, November 30, 2009

I love to color!


I love to color! It's very relaxing to me. So, some days I just color instead of making a card. If you love challenges the way I do, you'll see how very beneficial this is. It's so much quicker to get that challenge card uploaded! I can completely skip a step if I have the right image colored. As you can see from the above photo, that doesn't happen very often. LOL!


This is the card I made for today's Clean & Simple challenge on SCS. I had her colored ahead of time. So it was completely coincidental that I was making a card with a kitten. I almost didn't have this uploaded in time for my challenge sample. I couldn't find my camera. Does anyone else have that problem? I do because I have to hide it from our kitten... and I don't always remember to hide it in the same spot. She likes the cord! I usually have the Christmas tree up by this time, I'm a little nervous. Now this kitty on the card looks so innocent. She would never hurt anything! LOL!

It's make-over week for the last challenge of the season. I chose to make over a card by making it cleaner. It still has some layers, but the dp isn't distracting my eyes from the image. And I used a bow punch and doodling instead of ribbon. That saved some time. Here is the original card.

Stamps: Sittin' Pretty Kitty (G136), Merry Christmas Arc (E102), and the gift background (H1140) - all DRS Designs
Paper: white, gable green, green galore, real red
Ink: black, gable green, Copic markers
Accessories: CM custom cutting system, SU scallop edge punch, Martha Stewart bow punch

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Have fun with the kitty.... love the card, Jen!!!

Patty Gorka said...

What a great idea to color some images ahead of time! Thanks for the tip!