Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Friday... Time for Friends with Flair!

I just received my new February KOM yesterday and couldn't wait to get inked up! Here are my first 2 cards. There would have been even more if I hadn't been so tired. LOL! As you will see, I got a little daring with my colors on this first card. :) It wasn't something that I had planned, I just colored with Copics and designed the card and mat colors around the colored image.


Hang in There, Friend

Stamps: February KOM 2010
Paper: close to cocoa, blush blossom, real red, cool caribbean, so saffron, white
Ink: Palette burnt umber, cool caribbean, Copic markers
Accessories: SU word window, small & large ovals & scallop oval punches, brads, CB EF


I had no idea how this card would turn out. I just love this image and once I decided to use a Nestie scallop circle, I was left without much room. To add detail, I used buttons and the paisley CB EF. I'm not sure about the buttons, they always make me nervous for sime reason. What do you think?


I look forward to blog hopping this evening. Have a great Friday!!!

21 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

love them both.. I just ordered my KOTM.. can't wait to get it!

Lucy said...

I know what you mean about buttons. I usually don't go to them when I should--yours look nice. I received my kit the beginning of the week but haven't used it yet--you've motivated me to get it out. I only joined in December and I'm still enjoying the Dec and Jan kits.

Katy said...

those bird houses are so cute! Both cards are so cute.

Stephanie Zito said...

Beautiful cards! Super cute! I can't wait to get my Feb KOTM! Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Beautiful and elegant creations! Love your elegant color combos and your beautiful detailing!

Sherry Campbell said...

oh, both of these are just too cute!

Eva said...

Jen, these are both just gorgeous..love the coloring you did!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Such pretty cards love the soft colors!!!

Natalie said...

I think the buttons look great!! cute cards, Jen!!

Robynccgirl said...

Great cards! That bird image is very popular today! I've loved every one!

Unknown said...

Both are really cute cards Jen! Great colors and love the buttons!

Kelly Mahany said...

I love both of your cards jen!! So glad you got your KOM and could ink it up!! Adorable!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Cute cards, girlie!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet cards and i like your buttons!

Gwen said...

Great cards, isn't that set just the best?! LOVE, love the buttons, they really balance out the bird, flowers, etc.!

Angie Blom said...

these are both so sweet. love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Both cards are so sweet!

lisa a.

mdog said...

OOH Too cute!

Lisa F said...

I love the buttons on the second card - great job on both! q

Shirley-Anne said...

Well done , loved both cards ..
colour combo on first card is delightful, as is the layout .
Shirley-Anne

Corie said...

These are so precious -- love them both