Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, March 5, 2010

A Couple of Challenges and A GREAT Deal

A Cheer for You

Poor Changito has been waiting a long time to be used on a card. I think I colored him last summer. LOL! But today's Ways To Use It challenge on SCS gave me the opportunity. The challenge: Create a card around the word "play". I used a black marker to write CHS on the megaphone.... Changito High School *~*

Stamps: Changito - Stampendous
Paper: white, real red
Ink: black, Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, CB swiss dots EF, Nestabilities Labels #1, EK Success Bracket edger punch, pop-up dots

You will notice in the next photo that I have used the same EK Success edger punch on both cards. That was one of my great deals I stumbled onto on Wednesday after a doctor's appointment. I swear... I was only going in for tape. I can prove it.... (to hubby).... I didn't have a coupon with me! LOL! Now listen, if you look at the photos at the end of the post and read anything, you just have to promise not to pout or be mad at me *wink* LOL


Miss You ~ Double Challenge

SCS Sketch Challenge 270
Unity's FWF14

Stamps: February KOM '10 (Unity), sentiment from Folk Inspired (Unity)
Paper: pretty in pink, real red, bashful blue, white, retired SU dsp, polka-dot dp (DCWV??)
Ink: black, bashful blue, green galore, SU & Copic markers
Accessories: eyelets, taffeta ribbon, SU small oval & ticket corner punches, EK Success Bracket edger punch

Have you ever seen border punches, big punches, or die cuts selling for less than $4.00???

Well, you have now!



At my local JoAnn's, all EK Success punches were either 40% off or on clearance!! In fact, everything in this photo was 40% off or on clearance! See the small paper packs? There were a few packs that had lost parts.... not sure how that happened, but I got at least a total of a pack and a 1/2 for only $2.00! The tape was the last thing to go in my *green* JoAnn's shopping bag. LOL! I wasn't sure if I should take advantage of this opportunity so I called hubby and all was good. But I did still feel guilty. I got this treasure find for an insanely low price. And on my way home, I was thinking of all of you. Anything going on at your JoAnn's? This JoAnn's is in the middle of a strip mall across from a deserted mall and theater. I asked if they were going out of business. The answer was "no". They said they are just getting in new stuff.... that almost never happens. LOL! So only time will tell.



And I had to take a photo of my kitten, Chloe. Do you remember the little ball of fur from last summer? She is now full grown, very clingy and jealous, and a big bully to our elderly cat, Princess. But when I look at that face with the white spot, it's hard to be mad at her for too long.... usually. She's ruined quite a few things, but on Wednesday, she just wanted to know what was going on. What in the world was I doing with HER chair???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks a little like our Tucker. He is the youngest and bossy to the others too! He constantly follows me around and always wants to see what I am doing and be involved!

He just makes me laugh all the time!

I love your Chloe!

Jackie