Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Missing you, Grandpa

I actually made this card a couple of years ago for my DH when he was out of town for business. He said he would be honored to "present" it to Grandpa.


It's been 9 months and 5 days since Grandpa passed away. Today would have been Grandpa's 89th birthday.

I loved Grandpa and all the unique characteristics and habits that made him special. His favorite saying was, "The first hundred years are the toughest." Grandpa loved to whistle, watch baseball on TV and chant tongue twisters. He gave hugs that were a little strong. LOL! He LOVED the Muppet Show and Kermit the Frog. I'm regretful that I didn't speak at his memorial service the day before he was buried. My mind was blank when I had so much to say. I called Grandma today. She has been so very strong and she was more worried about me than herself.

Stamps: All About U, Houndstooth, Fantastic Foliage
Paper: chocolate chip, mellow moss, more mustard, white
Accessories: paper piercer & mat stack, ribbon, hemp

3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

A very nice masculine card and great color and image combo. What a nice story too.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant looking card! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Hello...me again!! lol!! Just wanted to let you know that I left something for you on blog!! Come check it out!! ;)