Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Awww! How sweet of Cheryl to give me this award. What a nice compliment to come home to after a day of work (my first week back to school/work). Here is her creative blog: CherCroppin's Stamp Pad.


The rules for this award are
: thank and link back the person you received it from, name 7 things people might find interesting about you, and nominate 7 people for this award.


1. I have a new kitten that loves to help me on the computer. She's here now wanting to push buttons. I have discovered new things! LOL! Right now she's holding my thumb and giving love bites. :) Last night we both fell asleep in front of the computer on the recliner. Too bad DH couldn't find the camera.

2. I'm a special education teacher in a middle school. If you haven't guessed, middle school students and staff are a strange culture all their own. LOL! I'm super short and most of my students are taller than me. But they know who's boss!!!! :)

3. I'm the hostess of the CAS (Clean & Simple) challenge on Splitcaost Stampers. I used to be the Limited Supplies challenge hostess and I started the Featured Stamper challenge and handed it off to the talented myprecious. I've been a member since 2005 but had to change my identity in 2008 for personal reasons beyond my control. I used to be jen70.

4. I recently became part of a design team. My very first one! I am so excited! Their stamps are so cute! I love DRS Designs!!!

5. I have one son who is starting high school next week! Where has the time gone? I can't be old enough for that... can I??? Actually, I'll be hitting the big 4-0 next spring. My son is a miracle. He was born 16 weeks early and weighed 20 ounces. He spent 105 days in the hospital and came home 5 days before his due date weighing just 3 pounds and 12.5 ounces. He has multiple challenges, but he is the most amazing person!

6. October 19 is a bittersweet day for me. In the year 1995, my first son (above) came home from the hospital. We celebrate "Homecoming Day" every year. On October 19, 2000, I had another preemie weighing 1 pound. I named him Blake. He was stillborn and I have one photo of him. At the time I thought it was odd to take a photo, but now I'm so glad I did. I went home from the hospital that day and celebrated Homecoming Day for my eldest son. Each year we visit the cemetary and have a party.

7. I am remarried to the most wonderful, caring, and understanding man. I could go on and on about how special he is too our family. He's my best friend and a loving dad for my son.

Here are my 7 nominees, (in no particular order):


My Little Creative Escape - lisahenke

Simplicity
- LateBlossom

RyannMarin Designs - rsalamon

The Paper Landscaper - Peanutbee

Stamps & Taxes - juliemlacey

Scrapnextras - Scrapnextras

Crafting the Web - TheresaCC


*

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Congrats on your award, Jen, and THANKS for including me in your list! {{hugs}}

Cheryl said...

So nice to read more about you! My son was in Spec. Ed classes, and you really have to be a special person yourself to work with those students in need.

Theresa Momber said...

Thank you, Miss Boo! It really means a lot coming from someone I admire so much! Loved reading all your facts.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jen! I loved reading these random facts about you :)

Shawna said...

So glad I found your blog. LOVE clean and simple designs and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.