Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Summer Memories

I decided to make one more creation for the StampTV Favorite Summer memories challenge. You can find it here.

A Pocket Card with a Bookmark



I have many childhood memories of camping with my family. I don't remember much about the places. It's the family time I remember the most. It's our family (and sometimes our camping friends) around the campfire. It's becoming friends with siblings or we would be really bored! It's the ridiculous song that my brother, sister, and I made up and used to sing when we were almost home (I'm not sure if my parents liked the song as much as we did. LOL!)



Reading was one of the things that we did while traveling to our destination. I wish I had a cool bookmark like this one. :)

Lantern: How could I forget that lantern? It went with me to the campground's bathroom so many times!

Sign: Every serious camper knows that you have to have a sign on your camper/trailer. It may have a witty saying but most of the time it has the family's name.

Campfire: Stories, S'mores, and Hobo Pies. What a great life!


This was fun to make. It was a trip down memory lane! My brother and sister have carried on the tradition with their families. I have to admit that I am jealous of that from time to time. But every family is unique just as every person is unique. Camping just isn't very relaxing for a son who is challenged with cerebral palsy and high functioning autism. We find other things that are fun. Being blessed with a child who is here by a miracle is much more satisfying than camping.

I used 3 Gina K Designs' sets to make this set:
Happy Camper (Theresa Momber)
Life is Good (Theresa Momber)
Lazy Days of Summer (Gina K)

1 comment:

Shirley-Anne said...

Thank you for sharing your memories and your card .
What a delightful card it is too.