Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SIGNS OF AUTUMN

GUARD DUTY RUDY

CC186: really rust, chocolate chip, baja breeze
Wish RAK Challenge Item: DP
PIF: Rudy image, photo corners

I had planned on this being a card for this week's Mojo challenge. But you know when mistakes happen and you have to cover them up... and then the card just takes a new path? This was one of those cards. LOL!

This card measures 5x5.

Stamps: Guard Duty Rudy - High Hopes, sentiment SU Peaceful Pastoral, Canvas ( on creamy caramel )
Paper: really rust, chocolate chip, baja breeze, white, DP, creamy caramel
Ink: black, creamy caramel
Accessories: Copic markers, SU rust & chocolate markers, ribbon, whole punch, copper brads, ribbon, square punch, photo corner punches

AT THE FARM

I made this card during the Labor Weekend challenges. And Wow! This took forever... like almost 2 hours. I was so nervous. LOL! I drew the side of the barn. That was the most nerve racking part because everything else was done and if I messed up the barn, there goes the whole card. But I think it came out pretty good. :) This scene is so big I couldn't play with layouts or do much embellishing. I finally decided on ribbon in the corners. I'm bow impaired, so I was pretty happy with that, too. LOL! The sky is lightly sponged with soft sky. I used a Micron pen for the drawing and Copic markers for coloring. The lone leaf on the ground is popped up on a dimensional. I used the fern stamp from Watercolor Minis on the ground and for the tree leaves.

Stamps: Sign Post - Rubbernecker, wheelbarrow Friends - Art Gone Wild, leaf - SU Give Thanks, Fern - SU Watercolor Minis
Paper: creamy caramel, riding hood red, white
Ink: black, soft sky, & creamy caramel, certainly celery, really rust (dirt & tree)
Accessories: Copic markers, Micron black pen, gingham ribbon, dimensional




FLUFFLES


I made this card a couple of years ago, I think.... back when I loved multiple background stamps on a single card. I never would have dared to part with DP back then. LOL! I still love Fluffles!

Stampin' Up Stamps: Fantastic Foliage, Canvas, Flannel Plaid
Stampendous Stamp: Fluffles
Colors: pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, more mustard, creamy caramel, white
Accessories: brad, hemp, WW crayons
Techniques: sponging





HAPPY HARVEST

I received this cutie TAC scarecrow image from the PIF thread on SCS. I think this layout was inspired by a blog challenge... if you know who it is or if I find it, I'll be sure to edit and give credit.

Stamps: Everyday Events - TAC, Aida Cloth & Give Thanks - SU
Paper: so saffron, more mustard, white
Ink: black, so saffron, more mustard
Accessories: ribbon, word window punch, paper piercer & mat stack, markers, dimensionals
Techniques: faux stitching, sponging

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I have gobs and gobs of patterned paper that I was hoarding ... I should have used it while I loved it because it's not doing anyone any good off in a box now is it??

Anonymous said...

I just love your fall stamps. Great job.