Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Friday, August 7, 2009

She is so cute!


SHADOWS: For the grass shadow, I used YG11 (Mignonette). For the shadow around everything else, I used B60 (pale blue gray). You notice it if you're looking for it (in real life). It's subtle... like light make-up. I find it very effective. These are both new colors for me. It's possible I'll find different colors I like better as I grow my collection even more. For a close up view of the coloring, right click on the photo and open up another window or tab.

I'm so excited about my new Copic colors. The more I collect, the more possibilities there are. I couldn't afford them all at once, but the benefits of growing my collection slowly has been so worth it. However... I still can't color the "right" way. I have my own shading techniques. These are the colors I used to color this adorable Sugar Nellie image I just received from stampzy through Wish RAK:
V12, V17, G24, YG11, E31, E51, B24, B32, C-1, RV29, & B60

Stamps: Sweet & Sassy (Sugar Nellie), Heard from the Heart (Stampin' Up)
Paper: white, pale plum
Ink: black, pale plum, Copic markers
Accessories: taffeta ribbon, stick-on pearls, paper piercer & mat stack, dimensionals



I had so much fun coloring the first one that I quickly colored the other Sugar Nellie image that stamzy sent to me as well as a Sarah Kay image that Stamp Muse sent to me. SCS stampers are so generous!

Sugar Nellie: Pickin' Apples
white gel pen
Copics: B24, B32, B60, E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, G24, R27, R29, Y21, Y38, YG11, YG23

Sarah Kay: Picnic of Daisies
white gel pen, SU creamy caramel marker
Copics: B24, B32, B60, E31, E33, E35, E51, G24, R27, Y35, Y38


*

No comments: