Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas Fun

Oh my! This is definitely not CAS! This card took me over an hour to make! DH came into the room just as I was finishing editing my photo. He's used to me looking at cards and he said, "Wow! That card is wonderful!" I didn't realize what he was thinking. I said, "It's much better in real life." And I picked it up to show him. He said, "You made that card?!? Wow, honey! That's great!" He's always supportive, but it still made me feel good. :)
(More info below)



SCS Inspiration Challenge: Etsy store "aimoobaroo" - Famous for their fabric buttons Here's my inspiration. I started with the idea of circles and dp mixed with images, but some how it came to this! Later on, I found these buttons which go with my images a little better.

I used the popcorn images because I could imagine the garland on the tree as strings of popcorn.

Stamps: DRS Designs - Candy Cane Christmas Critter, Cutie Pie Letters to Santa, Santa Hat, Cutie Pie Christmas Helpers, Gift Background, Popcorn Background, Reindeer Ralph, Small Merry Christmas
Paper: white, real red, green galore
Ink: sahara sand (for the gift BG), SU real red (for the candy canes), Copic markers: YG67 moss, YG23 new leaf, Y08 acid yellow, W2 warm gray, R20 blush, RV34 dark pink, R27 cadmium red, Y21 buttercup yellow, E51 milky white, E31 brick beige, E13 light suntan, E33 sand, E27 Africano, B23 phthalo blue, B29 ultramarine, V17 amethyst
Accessories: ribbon, Diamond Stickles, square punch, dimensionals, gold, red, & black brads

More SCS Gallery favorites will come tonight!


*

1 comment:

Lynne in NI said...

Aww bless him ... extra brownie points for your lovely husband then! But he's right, it is a beautiful card!
:o)