Blogging since 2006 ~ Formerly known as Stamping Therapy

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

As Another Year Flies By...

Today was my day to make the post on the DRS Designs blog. You can find all of these stamps on the DRS site found here.

I love it when stamps are versatile! Today I'm showing 3 very different cards using the sentiment "As another year flies by..." (F489)

For a close up view of any of the cards, right click on the photo and open up another tab or window.



When I first saw this sentiment, I immediately thought of birthdays. These candles crack me up because they look like they're flying. *~* So I just had to use this sentiment with them!

Other stamps: Birthday Candle Burst (L451)
Paper: ballet blue, real red, white
Ink: black, Copic markers
Accessories: Top Note die cut, eyelet, ribbons, brads



This 2nd card was made as a sample for the CAS challenge I hostess on Mondays: Show Off Your Bling
It was a very popular card! I was so excited!

This card can really be used for anything.
* Bee Day
* A let's catch up letter to an old friend
* A joke to a friend of family member who keeps putting off retirement
Let your imagination take a cruise!

Other Stamps: Bitsy Bee (A1020), Polka Dot Flower (F336)
Paper: white, black
Ink: black, Copic markers
Accessories: Stickles, pop-up dots, eyelet, ribbon, rhinestone

Two of the bees are popped up. Why? The same reason I do lots of things... to hide mistakes! *~*


This card was sooooo much fun! (You'll have to wait awhile to see my other plans for the witch's accessories... LOL!) I thought this verse fit well because it looks like she is done for the night (Halloween) and she's gone to bed. Only the cats and bats are out.

Other Stamps: Witch's Accessories (K154)
Paper: white, black
Ink: black, Copic markers
Accessories: Martha Stewart cat, bat, and drippy goo punches, pop-up dots (for the bats), gingham ribbon


*

2 comments:

Melanie said...

i esp love the halloween and candles cards!

viv's card creations said...

very cute!!!!